LEARN was a partner in the Network BUILT which is funded by the European Commission DG
1 from 1995 to encourage teaching and research links between countries in the European Union
and South America.
The theme of the Network is energy efficiency in buildings and is coordinated by the University
of Athens, Department of Applied Physics. (Contact Prof M. Santamouris)
- Laboratoire d'Etudes, des Phenomene, de Transfert Appliques on batiment, University of La
Rochelle, France (Contact Prof F. Allard)
- Architectural Association of London, School of Architecture, Environment and Energy Studies
Programme, U.K. (Contact Prof. S. Yannas)
- Departemento de Ingeneria y Mecanica de Fluidos, University of Seville, Spain. (Contact Prof.
M. Blanco Muriel)
- Institute de Dessarrolo Experimmental de la Construction. Facultad de Arquitectura y Urbanismo,
Venezuela (Contact Dr. Maria-Elena Hobaica)
- Universidad de Buenos Aires. Centro de Investication Habitat y Energia, Argentina (Contact J.
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. (Contact Prof Oscar Corbella)
Work commenced April 1996 for 24 months.